Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gatineau Park

Another beautiful day today after that larger than expected snow storm yesterday. I got up early and headed out to the Luskville, Quebec area of Gatineau park where numerous Bald Eagles have been spotted recently. It was a gorgeous sunrise as I was heading out. The area is quite beautiful at the base of the Hills. Very peaceful at that time of the morning.

The eagles have been spotted along the Eardley-Masham Rd, which runs into the park
off of Highway 148 just passed Luskville.

Entering the Park, I took advantage of the Hoar Frost and snapped some interesting pictures that I do not normally have the opportunity to see in the city. Deer were also in abundance along the roadside. They are fairly docile and are easily photographed.


While I did not see any of the Bald Eagles I was able to get some great landscape shots with yesterdays snow still on the Coniferous trees.

The road is not very long maybe a couple of kilometers but it does offer some interesting sites to take pictures. I will be returning to see what changes the different seasons make. I definitely recommend taking the drive out to see the area if you have not been there before.


No comments: