Friday, March 7, 2008

Another storm on the way


So with another storm on the way for this weekend I decided to take a little time to get some shooting in today. I
went to the west end in the March Rd area as the Red Shouldered Hawk had be see recently. No Hawk once again but went for a tour of the area. There are many things besides birds to photograph if one looks around. These are Sumac cones. They make interesting subject to shoot in the winter time since their red colour stands out.

Not all subject to be photographed have to be living things in the winter time. While touring down a road I came up to a house that had a lamp post close to the road. Yes, I know not the most spectaular subject to shoot, but I thought it was interesting. It had a nice shape standing out against the landscape.

The day was not a complete lo
ss as when I was driving down another road in the area that has some forested area I did spot another Ruffed Grouse in a tree. I did manage to grab a couple of photographs before it flew off into the trees.

Unfortunately I found out about the feeders at Shirley's Bay late in the winter season. There was a Ruffed Grouse that was quite tame and would allow photographers to come close for some excellent shots. These wilder Grouse are a little wary of people and its not easy to get a close up shot of one. Hopefully I will catch one not so skitish.

No comments: