Friday, March 21, 2008

Fungi

On Wednesday March 19th I decided to take a walk around the Mer Bleu bird feeders. The silence of the forest is very relaxing, the air was cool and clean that only be had during winter. Of course I happened to bring my cameras just in case I came across something interesting. While walking I noticed a variety of fungi growing off quite a few of the trees and stumps. I am not sure if this is an indicator of a problem with the trees or just a natural part of the forest process.
Fungi is probably the most unobserved items in a forest but if one take
s the time it can be quite beautiful. It also makes a very interesting subject for photographs. There forms are infinitely variable even within the same species.

I just thought I would share some of the photographs of the fungi I shot that day. I have others that were shot last year and this year on my website. The address is www.mtcmediaproductions.com.

No comments: